10 months ago today, my baby boy was born and it’s time to sum up some new stuff he taught me over the past months:
you are getting sick of all the talk about babies… but then you realize that you currently don’t know much about anything else.
- you start saying cliche things to newborn moms such as: “They grow so fast! Enjoy the time while they are so little. I totally forgot how little newborns are.”
- You think your baby is getting cuter day by day.
- You think you got this mom- thing figured out and then the teeth are kicking your ass back to reality.
- You get a lesson of patience each day now for free!
- My left arm is pretty well toned after carrying around 10kg everyday.
- Changing diapers is quite a challenge now.
- You understand all the worries your parents had.
- After weeks of your baby being super affectionate, you feel a little sad when they don’t anymore- although that’s been all you were wishing for…
- How do I deserve so much cuteness and love and happiness?
- You watch pictures and videos at the end of the day because you miss your baby when they are asleep.