This month’s sustainable fashion brand is People Tree. I picked them for two main reasons:
1. They were founded in Asia and have expanded with another Headquarter in Europe. To me that shows how much demand and potential sustainability in fashion has.
2. Their collection is setting itself apart from the usual eco-fair brands. It was hard to only pick 5 faves, cause I’d basically buy anything from their clothing line.
This brand proves that sustainability and fashionability can go hand in hand!
Name of the brand: People Tree
Founded: 1991 in Tokyo
Headquarter: London and Tokyo
People Tree purchases the majority of its Fair Trade products from marginalized producer groups in the developing world. They also guarantee most of their purchasing is committed to the World Fair Trade Organization and Fair Trade standards.Their priority is to support producer partners’ efforts towards economic independence and control over their local environment and community.They use natural resources throughout their production to promote environmentally responsible initiatives for a sustainable future.
- World Fair Trade Organization
- Fair Trade Association
- Soil Association
Interesting facts about the brand:
- Founder Safia Minney was interviewed for the movie ‘The True Cost’.
- People tree was featured as one of the best ethical fashion brands by Marie Claire.
My 5 picks:
Photo Credit: People Tree